People tend to practice what they prefer and therefore perform better in those areas that match their work preference. Understanding work preferences is a critical component in developing individual, team and organisational performance.
Through a comprehensive, worldwide program, Team Management Systems’ (TMS) have researched teams in all types of industries, to discover the differences between high and low performing teams, and identified eight core ‘work functions’ or different types of successful teamwork, and linked them to the individual work preferences. The result is the team management wheels (see graphic on right/top).
With the help of a Profile Questionnaire, a 60-item assessment focused on enhancing understanding of an individual’s approach to work, the Personal Team Management Profile provides constructive, work-based information outlining an individual’s work preferences and the strengths that an individual brings to a team. It also shows the preferences of the whole team and identifies gaps and areas for self-assessment.
Involve International is accredited to use the Team Management Profile.
They key questions that Team Management Profiles provide answers to:
- What do successful teams do? Which of these activities are most relevant to us?
- What kind of work is most likely to energise each individual team member? Why do people feel motivated by some tasks and not others?
- What role do people prefer to play in a team?
- How can we collaborate to create team success and maximise the potential of our team?
Involve International’s Services
The Team Management Profile (TMP) can be used in conjunction with all of Involve International’s facilitation services, e.g. team building and development. It has also great benefit in leadership and team management training as a tool to improve task allocation, delegation and role assignments. Last but not least for individuals it’s a great tool for coaching, personal advancement and career planning.
Involve International, offers the following services in the use the TMP:
- Consultation on a designated application, its context and team environment
- Integration in a team building and development processes in collaboration with internal project partners
- Distribution and instruction of use of the Profile Questionnaire
- Group presentation/explanation of the team management profile content
- Allocation of all profiles (printed profile or e-profile) with explanation, group and individual debriefing and coaching
- Workshop on the team implications and action planning
- Individual coaching and follow-up workshops
Benefits of working with Team Management Profile with Involve International
- Flexible: Integrated in other training or facilitation events or as a single project
- Positive: The TMP as well as Involve International’s approach is challenging yet non-threatening, focusing on strength, mutual respect and constructive relationships
- Culturally adaptive: The TMP together with Involve International’s inter-cultural competence provides a unique opportunity for team building in cross-cultural work environments
- Practical: TMP can be understood and used by everyone straight away and Involve International’s facilitation style and experience adds practical sense and solution focus
Please contact Involve International for a free initial consultation.